Thursday, April 28, 2011

post 589

















I had a rough time making my work food today, the tofu bowls I made were spoiled....boo... And my chop suey had been hijacked by one of my kids .... Double boo

Time for the a new plan; berries with Greek yogurt, a muffin, popcorn, Fiber one brownie, cut up carrots, jicama, cucumber and red pepper, i also made a turkey roll up; i used a La Tortilla tortilla (Vons) and put in turkey, Grey Poupon mustard and some hummus.... Sooooo good!!! And the last of my work munchies was whoever ate my chop suey left most of the tofu noodles, so I added steamed green beans with some Peanut sauce (Whole Foods has the best peanut sauce... Lowest calorie and tastiest) again a delicious combo!!

I took some pictures of my tortilla's, the Soyaki from the chop suey, the peanut sauce and the tofu noodles.....

Ok lets talk tofu noodles, I first read about them in the Hungry Girl cook book, searched the web to find where i could buy them and through trial and error I have found that i drain them, rinse them and throw them in boiling water just like regular noodles, cook for 2-3 minutes and drain again, and put them on paper towels and dry the heck out of them, then they are just like regular noodles, just a little chewyier.... Is that a word?

So anyway works for me :)

I had a sweet tooth at work and had some sf jello pudding

A frozen yogurt for dinner

Good day :)
See ya tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. About five years ago I bought those noodles to do Hungry Girl's fettuccine Alfredo recipe. It looked good and smelled good but I could not get past the texture of the noodles. I was so disappointed. I have almost bought them again but didn't want to throw them out. I'm going to try your method and see if I like them better. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also tried the noodles... but the smell.....
    omg! the smell... maybe with enough peanut sauce.....
    Cool Fro Yo, too. It's Fro Yo season!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive