Thursday, August 4, 2011

Will I be a statistic?

 

How will I know if this weight loss is going to stick? Is there something that happens that makes you realize this is it? I am looking forward to registering with the National Weight Loss Registry you have to have maintained your weight loss for a year. I will do it as a Christmas present to myself.

I worry about being a statistic, regaining all the weight and more. Going back to where I was at the beginning of this journey. I do things that worry me… things that are the old behaviors… today for example… I have no idea how much water I drank, I think it was 2 liters… pretty sure. I showed a loss today on the scale 139.6 down .2 nothing to shoot off the fireworks but I am not really looking for big numbers. I am happy where I am and frankly that scares the crap out of me!!! So what did I do today? I ate a crap load of movie popcorn, ugh… By the way Horrible Bosses was funny, but wait for it to come out on Netflix’s

I still haven’t joined the gym… old behaviors of all talk and no action??

I don’t want to be that uncomfortable person again. I get scared sometimes

2011-08-04 06.52.112011-08-04 08.07.272011-08-04 10.50.322011-08-04 11.43.352011-08-04 12.47.22

not shown: popcorn and a bowl of Fage 0% yogurt

do you worry?

I have been reading blogs for about 3 years now and some of those blogger’s I so admired… I can see their numbers creeping up, or they talk about other things more and the pictures they post… they have regained weight and it shows.

Will that be me?

Or will I go the other way? Some bloggers I have seen them transform themselves, still blogger’s I have read for over 3 years now. They are unrecognizable!!! Tone and fit!!! I want that to be me!!

Or will I just fall away and you will never hear from me because I have regained and I am too embarrassed to blog? Yep there are those as well,  their blog’s just sit there… in the blog bone yards of the internet.

Or will I be one of those that is a sell out’s? You know those bloggers… selling stuff, sponsored and talk so much endorsement crappola that you can’t even see any of them left between all their endorsements pitches

Who knows for now I am just me, Karla …. struggling to feel good in my skin. Making mistakes and learning from them. Feeling good when I am successful. Here in my little corner of cyber space

see ya tomorrow blogger buddies

Job for tomorrow: JOIN THE GYM!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I was contacted about the National WeightLoss Registry, as well.
    But I did not fill out the forms because I am not yet at my goal weight.
    Even though I have lost "enough" weight.
    And have never strayed (much) beyond my 5 pound limit up.
    A statistic? You?
    Maybe a statistic on how to do what works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post. We have the same fears about gaining all the weight back. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined the Registry and filled out all the papers for five years. Then, I had my two year "not at goal" period and I just quit. I probably should have filled out the papers because I was one of their statistics and I messed up but I guess I was embarrassed. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I'm a new follower, found you through Lap Band Gal. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

    http://oneslimcat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive