Friday, September 23, 2011

Back to normal

everything went well, I was out for about half an hour, all the plumbing is A-ok, the doc told me I am good to go

Thank goodness!

I came home and had egg whites and double the oatmeal I usually have

  2011-09-23 09.19.23

Sugar free lime jello with cottage cheese, Dr. Suess food Smile with tongue out 2011-09-23 11.57.152011-09-23 13.55.24some popcorn 2011-09-23 14.36.28Fage yogurt with Splenda, cinnamon and vanilla

2011-09-23 17.43.52dinner was chicken and broccoli, the hubby had scalloped potatoes, I dredged some of the cheese over the broccoli Devil and then went back for more chicken and broccoli (no more cheese though!)

I didn’t eat bad today maybe a few too many points. The instructions from the doctor said it would take my body 3 days to get back to normal. I am tracking my weight on my calendar I have fluctuated from 139.8 to 136 this week!!

on another note stop by Jody’s blog she is having an awesome give away … note the shameless plug to get me another entry Open-mouthed smile 

also I have been thinking about what a VERY popular blogger posted the other day… ok no throwing rotten tomatoes at me now… she said she is “done with dieting” I think if you have the perspective that you are “on a diet” you are going to always struggle… So I asked myself am I on a diet?

I don’t feel like I am. I feel like I eat differently than I used to. I eat differently than a lot of people, but the word “diet” to me seems like something you do, then you don’t do… something temporary, something you do to “fix yourself”

I know this is sounding weird but this is my life now, I eat low fat, minimal processed foods with the exception being an occasional frozen yogurt, but boxed processed foods I gave up…(kicking and screaming the entire way…. Wait... Is my popcorn considered a boxed, processed food... Hummmm Anne you were so right about certain stuff… Smile) but I don’t crave it any more.. also little to no wheat (yep Princess you are right about the gluten… I feel so much better off it)  and now I have started to really exercise, outside of my 20 minute daily treadmill and I feel AMAZING!!!

so I asked myself (after reading this certain bloggers comments) am I on a diet?

NO!! I have changed my lifestyle and my eating habits and I feel a million times better than I did 2 years ago… NO COMPARISON!! 

I understand we all need to come to that place where we are at peace with our bodies, and I feel like I am finally friends with mine

ok enough outta me tonight Smile see ya tomorrow blogger buds

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you on diets. I have done a bunch of them in my lifetime and always lost weight. Then I would end the diet and gain it all back. We cannot continue in our old eating patterns and expect anything other than what we had. What I had was an extra 40 to 50 pounds hanging around. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, your post just "clicked" for me about the not-dieting. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive