Sunday, December 11, 2011

cooking day

I make a killer vegetable soup, if I do say so myself! first sauté celery, onions, garlic and green peppers in a little olive oil

a

then add carrots and basil

b

then the remaining ingredients

c

green beans, summer squash, red potatoes, half of a butternut squash, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 2 boxes of low sodium vegetable broth and let it cook for a few hours. Then we divided it up to make it easier during the week (sorry it’s so blurry)

d

I will add a 3 ounces of chicken to the soup and it is a done deal Open-mouthed smile

2011-12-11 15.42.08

we also made salad and steamed green beans

salad green beans

stuffed spaghetti squash Smile first bake the squash, let cool for a bit, scrape it into a bowl … meanwhile sauté some celery, peppers, onions, carrots and some garlic … when soft throw in a bunch of spinach, wilt it a bit

12

then into the bowl of squash add the veggie mix and breadcrumb's, light spaghetti sauce and light cheese. Into the oven to heat through

3

Yummers Winking smile

we also made protein pudding, chocolate, and cheesecake flavors

choc puddingerin puddin g

carrot cake protein bars

2011-12-11 16.44.06

and baked vegetables

erin veggies

and I have baked oatmeal in the oven

I went to the gym and got a great work out in, so how did I eat today???

like doo doo!!! Embarrassed smile

sheesh! what a dope! Steaming mad

sometimes when I weigh myself and see a really good number (135.8) it’s almost like I give myself permission to eat too much, silly huh? oh well tomorrow’s a new day and I have TON’S of good food in the refrigerator!

later blogger buds

2 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful. And I just can't tell you how much I love cooking days with you. Love you mama. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive