Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday morning WI

Hi guys Smile 

scale was nice this morning 137.2 …. Holla  Laughing out loud that just plain ole sounds strange coming out of me right?

yesterdays eats

 2012-03-21 04.29.022012-03-21 04.54.28

  • protein shake
  • veggies and NF cottage
  • cabbage and a turkey meatball
  • Greek yogurt
  • spaghetti squash, sauce and a turkey meatball
  • oatmeal
  • and 5 egg whites

I received the following email, if you could pop over and take her 5 question survey it will help her Smile 

I’m a clinical psychology doctoral student interested in learning more about the experiences of those whose partners (at least sometimes) interfere with their weight loss efforts. I’m writing to ask for your help recruiting the last few volunteers I need to finish my PhD.

I think many of your readers have a ton of precious insight on this topic and I’d like to ask them to share. Many people who have taken the survey have written to thank me for bringing this topic to light. My long term aim is to develop a couples-level intervention to address partner undermining directly through building acceptance and deeper understanding.

You might have seen these posts on my research study by obesity physician, Dr. Yoni Freedhoff, http://www.weightymatters.ca/ 2012/01/help-with-research- plea-spousal.html, or the Survival Guide for Mom’s post: http://guideformoms.blogspot.com/2012/03/is-your-partner-sabotaging-your-weight.html

Would you please post about my study on your blog? All the information about the anonymous, online survey is hosted here at my university’s website:  http://surveys.clarku.edu/Survey.aspx?s=aab073a40aa64a55a2ad7a0f72c7ea0a

This survey is designed for those who can answer yes to the following questions:

Have you been participating in a weight loss program for the last 5 consecutive weeks
Have you been in a committed, cohabitating relationship for the last two years
Do you ever feel like your current partner/spouse gets in the way of your weight loss?

Besides helping to advance scientific inquiry on this topic, each participant who completes the survey may also select to have $1 donated by the researcher to the participant’s choice of 1 of these 5 charities:  Playworks, The Carter Center , Teach for America, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, or MAP International.  Additionally, participants may opt to enter a drawing for 1 of 10 gift cards (one $100 card and nine $25 cards).

Please contact me with any questions!
Thank you,
Amanda

Amanda G. Harp, M.A.

Doctoral Candidate

Clark University

You can verify my identity through Clark University's website:  http://www.clarku.edu/departments/psychology/people/gradstudents.cfm or here:  http://www.clarku.edu/ research/coupleslab/whop.htm

Today is my day off (thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!!!) lots to do, but what I am NOT going to do is drive those devil Devil Los Angeles freeways…. ugh!!!

so have an amazing day, take care of yourself and I will catch yall here tonight Winking smile

4 comments:

  1. I loved driving in L.A.
    Felt just like home (DFW) but with a better view.
    Lots of nice flowers. Could have looked at them all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice weigh-in. And have a very nice day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss. Your holla made me lol!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive