Why is maintenance so hard?
Why do so many people gain the weight back?
There is a reaction for every action, right?
Eat too much = weigh too much
But it is a delayed reaction, I may weigh more today (I wouldn't know as I was too scared to face the scale)
BUT my pants fit last night, I am going to the gym this morning and the gym folks won't be freaking out over the overnight weight gain from yesterday
The reaction is delayed....
Duh, right? BUT follow me here .... Its like we are the instant gratification world, I want it now... BOOM ...got it!!! Even weight loss... "oh I have been dieting, and this isn't working" says the person that is giving up after a week, a month, even 6 months... It takes a LIFE change not an instant fix..
So have I talked myself into a circle here... Hummm
Oh yeah, back to the instant fix theory, so anyway... When there is no instant penalty for my eating badly, my brain probably thinks ...."hey!!! Karla.. Wow cool!!! We got away with it, lets eat more... You know you love candy, Fritos, cookies, nuts and frozen yogurt" (everything I pretty much ate yesterday)
Then a day goes by, then two...three... Now I am starting to pay and pay BIG time, not just in my clothes but in my self esteem and confidence....
- Then comes the "ahhh screw it phase"
- Then the "I can eat this, I work hard, it is JUST one trip to Mickey D's"
- Then the criticism phase... Bashing how diligent others are and trying to justify my lack there of
- Then the hiding stage... Pulling the clothes out of the dryer.... And STRETCHING the clothes while they are hot to make them bigger
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is why blogging has been the ONLY thing that has worked for me
I can't check in once a week (Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig)
I am a person that needs to check in daily.... I need this!!! This blog... YOU out there!!!!!!
I have to be TOTALLY honest day to day and show silly repetitious pictures of boring food to be honest because I am scared, terrified actually .....
I don't want to go back
(ok tearing up here.... What a sap!!!!)
But this is hard core stuff for me... I am an old bat .... 52....
And I used soooo many years being obese, silly... So silly and sad that I don't want to waste any more years
This is life.... Right here..... RIGHT NOW!!!!!
Plans are great, but this moment in time is my life!!!!!
I want to enjoy it ..... The last 28 months (entire time I have been blogging) I have had a better feeling of self esteem and self confidence that has spilled over into my attitude about life in general and I am actually having better relationships...
With everyone I encounter... Even strangers!!!!!
And all those years food was the culprit!!! I gave away my power to be happy and enjoy my life to food!!!
So this may isn't just about dieting for me, this is about learning to embrace and enjoy life for me by being honest with a bunch of you and as an added bonus has led into building friendships
Ok enough outta me this morning
See ya tonight
Saturday, April 28, 2012
serious serious morning reflections
- ► 2017 (140)
- ► 2016 (155)
- ► 2015 (152)
- ► 2014 (112)
- ► 2013 (166)
- So here’s the deal
- Long tiring day
- Day off ta do’s
- serious serious morning reflections
- Another day in the food life of a blogger
- Baggy sweater day
- Ramble amble
- No Candy day #1
- Drastic measures
- Candy was my downfall today
- Cooking Queen
- When I need to grocery shop ….
- Goals and Grateful
- Soo Tired
- RFSC Week Three Check In/ Week Four Goals
- Are you ready for the week?
- OMG!!! a HUGE before picture!!
- Before and after
- Day off ... Not good eating
- Week #3 Day #1
- Ready For Summer Challenge!
- Beautification day and a little over
- Ready For Summer Challenge!: Week One Check In/ We...
- Day in the food life :)
- Back to regularly scheduled programming
- Sick day
- I am home :)
- ▼ April (32)
- ► 2011 (422)
- ► 2010 (429)