Sunday, February 10, 2013

this is HARD

I am having a REALLY hard time with this no artificial sweetener thing

I made my food for the day.... and YEP, there is artificial sweetener in my beloved BBQ sauce.... so I say "the hell with this"

put artificial sweetener in my oatmeal, and my coffee.... INSTANT headache...

this is not going to be an easy one to kick!!!

here were some links that made me stop and think....


http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/health-dangers-of-aspartame/


http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/health-dangers-of-aspartame/


http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080210183902.htm


http://diabetes.about.com/od/nutrition/a/sugarsubchart.htm

later guys

7 comments:

  1. I switched to Stevia last year after 20 + years of blue packets then yellow packets of artificial sweeteners. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, it is really hard. I gave artificial sweeteners when I switched over to eating Paleo. The first two weeks were extremely hard.

    At some point it became easier because things like good coffee started taste better without the sweetener.

    It was like breaking an addiction ,so hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up artificial sweeteners a few months back when I realized they were making my legs ache really bad at night. It happens with both splenda & equal. I use stevia now. If I drink just one diet soda the leg pain comes back with a vengeance. I now wonder how many of my health issues over the years were caused by these poisons. Good luck, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went through outpatient ed treatment back in the 80's and you have to give up sugar, artificial sweetener, caffeine. I just quit drinking coffee and tea for that time period. There were few ,if any acceptable options for substitution then and totally giving up was the only way. oh it was awful. my sympathies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried Stevia,have you tried that? Some of them are not as good as others but it is pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second Stevia - have you tried that one? We don't use artificial sweeteners, but I know there are some in some of our foods. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one of my goals for this year to stop using sweeteners. I have heard that some of the stevia's out there are pretty good. My problem is that they're expensive and I don't want to shell out that kind of money without trying it first!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive