Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day #2 of vacation

I am not going anywhere for this vacation... I need to get my head screwed on straight... that is the goal of this vacation

I have been not doing very good.... I eat like a superstar for a week... then binge out and eat everything in sight

then I eat like a superstar again

why??? What is the root cause? of this behavior?

Yesterday was food shopping day and I buy all kinds of healthy food, and then I eat 27 pounds of nuts!! peanuts, almonds, Beer Nut mix, pistachios and chase it with Frozen yogurt, cookies and a candy bar...

who am I?

why am I doing this?

I am going to go over to Barnes and Nobel today and look into overeating behavior changing... kinda books

I work dang hard!!! if I can get this binge behavior corrected... figure out what is causing me to undermine myself so badly, then I will feel a heck of a lot better

see ya later folks

5 comments:

  1. I'm taking this class, mind over eating, the link is to the textbook if you are interested. It's an awesome class. It might be helpful.

    http://lifestyle2wellness.com/products/mind-over-eating-workbook/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot of good things about the book Brain over Binge.

    I hear you on the nuts. I've caught myself overeating on macadamias and almonds both. I'm making March a nut free month.

    You are not alone. Let us know if you stumble upon a good book. I know once I trigger myself, it can take a week or so to continuously stop myself from using food for othe than fuel. Tricky stuff. Worth the effort to get back into recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. check out blog http://dropitandeat.blogspot.com/
    she is an RD and I've had a few skype sessions with her. I do well when I'm following the suggestions. But lately , my life has become overwhelming and I turned to food for comfort. I'm working on it. .Bottom line, it is up to you to decide but it sometimes can be that the 'eating like a superstar' is too rigid and restrictive so you are rebounding. But what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great suggestions. I have been experienceing a lot of head hunger lately. Let us know what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often do the same thing. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive