Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sodium

Looking at my diet over the last month 
I see why I am struggling. The Costco sliced pepper turkey has a crazy amount of sodium in it and I have been eating this sometimes twice a day!! 

I Googled it and my sodium should be about 1500.... Yesterday it was at 2600!!! 

Wow! No wonder I have been feeling very marshmallowy (is that a word?) 

So today I am at 1800, not quite at the goal of 1500 but a heck of a lot better. I really want to finish this year at 139! That would be three years of maintaining ..... I understand it is just a number blah blah blah and muscle weighs more than fat BUT if I am at 139 and have more muscle mass that just men's I am leaner... Right? 

So my food is all packed. No pictures .... Derp 

1. Protein coffee 
2. 6 egg whites and 18 almonds 
3. A cup of veggies and 3 ounces of home made turkey loaf 
4. Same as #3 
5. A serving of Greek plain 0% yogurt and strawberries 
6. Protein shake with unsweetened almond milk and peanut butter 

1300ish calories, a gallon of water is the plan 
and I did 30 minutes of the treadmill 

The sodium kicker today was the SF BBQ sauce I have been using.... I didn't realize it had so much sodium in it.... Dang. I am not going to toss the meal I made but I won't be buying it for a while 

Sometimes I feel like this weigh maintenance thing is like I am a scientist or a puzzle 

Always seeing what works, what doesn't while trying to fight the boredom of eating the same thing every day yet not going too crazy 

Later guys and gals 

1 comment:

  1. I have been keeping to 1500 in sodium and it's definitely not always easy. Good for you on getting your sodium under control!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive