Tuesday, January 7, 2014

okay I love this!!!

# 1 Not hungry
#2 lost 3 pounds first 2 days
#3 I get to eat foods I LOVE
#4 I get to eat foods I haven't eaten in YEARS and lose weight
#5 I get to lose weight WHILE eating foods I love and haven't eaten in years

yep I am now a low carb gal!!! 

This morning I had 2 fried eggs... now this may be a no big deal to some of you, but seriously I haven't eaten a fried egg in YEARS!!! so dang good!! 


I made this Cheeseburger pie, minus the onion because I am in induction and I used pepper and garlic as spices. My son ate a piece tonight and LOVED it... I am taking it tomorrow as a meal 


I am going the correct direction ... not just in food, but in my life. I need to be reminded too often that it isn't a race... This was on Lap Band Gal's Facebook this morning 


the last of the egg white Fritatta with cheese of course ... yummo!! 


 OMG so dang good! simple hamburger meat and cheese... again people I have not eaten hamburger and cheese in like forever!!! 
LOVE 



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like low-carb is agreeing with you. Love your positive attitude and hoping it is contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karla

    It's great, isn't it. I still can hardly believe, after over a year has gone by, that bacon, and the skin on chicken, and fried eggs, and a whole load of other once forbidden delights are back on my menu and are actually GOOD for me :-)

    One tip. Be aware of the increased need for sodium while low-carbing - I had major headaches and cramp until I figured this one!

    If you haven't already, read a copy of Phinney & Volek's 'The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living: An Expert Guide to Making the Life-Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate Restriction Sustainable and Enjoyable' - it's great to explain everything you need to know.

    Keep up the great start and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried low carb twice but it made me feel awful. I did lose an insane amount of weight (9 pounds) in five days, but could not enjoy it because I felt so bad. I'm glad it is working for you. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're not only going in the direction you want but also enjoying it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOO HOOOO! That is pretty much how I feel. Butter? yes please cream? yes please :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY - I am going to make that hamb pie!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive