Tuesday, April 7, 2015

hitting bottom and gratitude

I always used to hear folks talk about hitting bottom 
what did that mean? ... I could never relate 
every morning was bottom 
I was never arrested. Never lost a job. 
Never was massively morbidly obese. 

I was lucky 

so why did I change my life? 
What was that moment when I decided? 
I have no friggin clue... maybe that's why it took me so long 

.. bottom.   12&12 Step One, p.24   View STEP ONE essay
The answer is that few people will sincerely try to practice the A.A. program 
unless they have hit bottom 

I wake up and sometimes forget 
I have to remind myself that I have to be Grateful for today 

maybe this was a bottom for me this time 



me? I need weight management? I need a class on Healthy Balance
I am 5'6
159 pounds 


this is not terrible 
but my sugar and cholesterol were high when I tested
can you say massive sugar binge? 

so it's time to get things back on track 
be Grateful for today 
go to this class 
accept the help they are offering 
swallow my pride 

I may never get to this weight 

but I danged sure won't if I don't take this journey one day at a time 
and enjoy today
embrace and accept myself 
for my flaws and imperfections 
and my potential 
to be there to help and maybe one day inspire another 

tootles bloggity readers 



4 comments:

  1. "Bottom" is merely a matter of perspective and can't be defined until after you've reached it and turned around. Even then, there's always the possiblity of finding a new bottom down the road

    ReplyDelete
  2. focus on the part where it says balance. If it is just about weight loss it might trigger you or piss you off. your weight is not that far off if not in normal range for some. For me, at 5'2 I could never meet any of those guidelines as my normal wt occurred when I was in elementary school. It might be desired normal. It doesn't take in to account any of our issues, life style, efforts, problems etc. You are not just a number

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karla, you are an inspiration to me. this journey we are on has no end and we have to keep fighting it,,that doesn't mean we have to stop liking ourselves, we just have to stay vigilant and accountable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karla, regarding the glucose and cholesterol readings, you don't have to be overweight to suffer from either of these so please don't feel bad. I have both and am a normal weight. I eat really healthy and get exercise but it isn't enough to lower my cholesterol. My n.p. told me that it can be heredity. My mom has always been very thin and hers is high as well.

    Was your blood sugar a reading from that day (finger stick) or from an A1C lab result? If from that day, then you're intake could have affected it but if it was an A1C result, that's your average blood sugar from the last three months.

    Maybe look at it that your doctor is just very pro-active regarding his patients health. Let us know how the class goes!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive