Sunday, April 5, 2015

Weight loss and warnings

So week #1 On Program I lost 7 Pounds!!!! BOO YAH!!! 


but here is where I have to be extra diligent 


. success than ours.   12&12 Step Ten, p.92   View STEP TEN essay
As an insurance against "big-shot-ism" we can often check ourselves by remembering that we are today sober only by the grace of God and that any success we may be having is far more His success than ours.

this can be snatched up and GONE in ONE day!! 
One bad day 
Yes I have and can do that much damage to myself.... you have been following me for any time I have maybe... okay I have not shared this 
I am a BIG time binger!!! 


okay it's out there my dirty little secret 
this is why it is One Day at a time for me 
sometimes one hour at a time 
it is not just about weight loss 

It is more about my unhealthy relationship with food 

and how I tend to turn to it 
bad day... gorge myself 
stressed out... eat 8 bags of candy 
bored .... eat 8 sliced of stale bread and butter 
I don't want the food, and I dang sure am not enjoying it
I just NEED it... like I NEEDED to drink 
same ole same ole 


so I know my next challenge... 
I had a successful week 
this REALLY recaps where I am now 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I was in early sobriety, I imagined that there must be a certain point that people reach in recovery where they are now going to “make it.” A certain length of clean time where people are protected against the threat of relapse.
Turns out this simply isn't true. In fact, the statistics for long term sobriety are quite frightening–the drop off rate of relapsing addicts and alcoholics doesn't really slow down much as your length of sobriety increases.
So what causes a person to relapse after experiencing a genuine sobriety? The answer is complacency.
Complacency sets in when we get too comfortable in our recovery and stop pushing ourselves to grow. Obviously, we want to stay vigilant and fight complacency so that we can remain sober over the long haul. What are some ways to fight complacency?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so if you read it you are probably thinking Complacency? She has been back on track ONE week...what is she nuts? 


answer: ahhh YEP!!! 
this has happened to me sooooooooooooooooo 
many times.... I start strong... feel like ... 
I got this.... I don't need to weight and track and measure 
I be da bomb...
nah... I am good 
and then 


faceplant 

Just keeping it real here at Daily Thoughts 

happy Easter!!!! 



6 comments:

  1. every day , every week without a binge should feel as exciting as a several pound weight loss. we have to work at this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you too. :) So many of us (maybe most) can relate to everything you write. Yes, I've binged too and on things I don't really even like such as pretzels. They were just handy and I could keep that hand to mouth action going for a long time -- at least until the bag was empty.

    Today I went back to My Fitness Pal to start tracking again. After a year of being ten pounds under my goal weight, I got complacent and now I'm only four pounds under. Cause for alarm? Yep, my clothes are not comfortable and I don't feel as good. I'm all about comfort and feeling my best. So we track and drink water and make it through another day. Sigh.

    It's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the factor that you are acutely aware of this is a huge thing. I make a step forward and get so arrogant and start running with the scissors. Even today at church after the sunrise service at Easter they had a breakfast and thinking about the drop last month and the "holiday" somehow I justified two helpings of eggs, a couple of sausage, and two and a half muffins when I should have halfed that! But it's not about the food somehow in the end but some of the crazy thoughts... that somehow try to make a pizza equal a serving.

    Luckily at the foolsfitness blog not too much damage was done by the bunny with those little chocolate eggs this time!- Alan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your loss this week Karla; that's incredible!

    This might be stupid but I wonder if things are harder for you because you work in a grocery store. I'm a binger as well (under control today) and just going to the grocery store can be so tempting and triggering for me. I try to only go down the few aisles that I need and to shop the outer perimeter of the store but it's still hard. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to be surrounded by all that food for eight hours a day. You are stronger than you think!

    A very happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's that moment when you convince yourself that you've beaten it for good that you've actually started down the path of going back. Keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive