Thursday, September 3, 2015

It is the weirdest thing ... epiphany kind of post

I am in a very chaotic time in my life 
stress and pressure are crazy 
I am working 12 hour days plus I have a 2 hour commute 
I was not handling it very well the last few weeks 
Like McDonald's, In and Out kind of not well 
Whatever was my attitude 
no time for the gym 
busting out of my pants 
I went out and bought size 14 jeans... 
why fight it? 
I stopped taking any vitamins 
stopped drinking my water 

then the consequences other than tight clothes came 
feeling awful, sleeping poorly ... emotionally beating myself up 
hot flashes like .... sweat pouring off me kind of flashes 
I am sure I must have hit 180

but a few days ago... I just went back to prepping my food 
taking it to work 
storing it in my little refrigerator 
drinking my water, taking my vitamins 
Everyone is still hitting the local hamburger joints 
but I am taking a pass 
"No thank you" is acceptable to say 

I am not crazy counting calories 
no on the My Fitness Pal 
no on the stressing over the carbohydrate count for the day 
no on the "did I get enough protein in" 
no on the uber calorie restriction 
no on the Karla's crazy "only shakes and bars" diet 
and not stressing because this isn't good enough 
not 100% fresh ingredients (frozen are okay) 
just eating and doing what I know has worked 
It starts with food 
real food 


today's plan: 

3 whites and a pack of original instant oats 
broccoli with 3 oz chicken and 1.5 T of light balsamic dressing
green beans with 3 oz chicken and hot sauce 
Frozen strawberries, SF pudding mix, unsweetened almond milk and Fage 
I will add 2 Quest bars 
and stop on my way home for a 150 calorie SF frozen yogurt 

I am getting over 10,000 steps easily every day 
sometimes as much as 20,000

I will get back to the gym when I can 

but I can only do what I can do 

right now I just need to focus on my short term goal ... today I will take care of my physical body and my emotions ... today I will not stress over things that are out of my control.. 

It's a lifestyle and I so often forget that... I want the quick fix 
the newest and coolest "diet" 


nah... 


consistency and habit are what does the deed 

I got this 

today I do, and that is all I have to worry about 

tootles 

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you are having so much stress.
    You're right you need to take care of yourself first and foremost!
    Looks like you have a good plan for today with real food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. Job stress is AWFUL! I know from past experience. Been missing you. Thanks for checking in today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see a post from you Karla but sorry to hear things are so stressful. Will they calm down at work anytime soon?

    I have the same problem with hot flashes and sweating when my eating goes off the charts. I don't know if it's the carbs or sugar but I always feel so awful.

    Hang in there; hoping things improve for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today you sound calm in the midst of the "new store storm". So glad to hear this! One day at a time, breath and get a good night sleep. I too miss you

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fight in you spurs me on to that goal weight Karla! Real food for the win. We are going to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the past 70+ days I've eaten whatever I wanted and drank as much as I felt like. It shows. Fortunately for me, my wife's daughter Angie is ready to get back on track and is an excellent diet buddy. So we start again on September 10. I'm gonna celebrate my birthday on the 9th and pizza and German Chocolate cake are in the forecast. But since Angie will be my diet buddy starting the 10th, I know we will both succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Real foods are what have saved my life. Literally saved me from compulsive binge overeating. Here's to keeping your foods real and doing what you need to do. Onward, Karla!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive