Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Unusual Post

Got goals?

I just finished the book

The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results 


and he talked about needing to write down five-year goals 
One year goals 
one month goals 
Weekly goals 

I've always heard this but I've never actually done it just seems kind of silly to me I always thought why?  I don't need to do this .... but this past weekend I sat down and wrote down some goals and when I reflected on them ..... and they had to do with:

Relationships
Health and fitness 
Matters of the heart and soul

basically the theme after I sat down and reread everything it wasn't so much "oh my gosh I want to be a millionaire" which were my dreams when I was younger now it's more about relationships and being connecting and stop being isolated

The book also made me realize that there's a big huge difference between dreams and goals I don't know that he talked about it so much in the book 

But it's what I got out of it 

What's my one thing? 
I had a really really dig deep because I couldn't figure out what he was talking about, the author 

What is my one thing?? 

Family? Career? Money? Weight? 

And I think I've drilled it down to building relationships

Maybe even focusing more...  Leading a positive life

Karla what do you have to do to lead a positive life? 

Surround myself with positive people
Work in a positive environment 
Have positive supporting relationships 

Sounds easy peasy huh? 

But even more focused I realized I can have a VERY negative mindset 

So time to work on that 

I belong to NEW which is an association of business women and at one of the events a woman spoke about branding yourself (a few years back) and I remember sitting in the audience and nodding and smiling and thinking I had no idea what she's talking about....  but pretending like I understood

I think I get it now

I want positivity to be my brand 

So I am going to share one of my main 5 year goals 

Scary stuff here, not sure this post will see my blog and if it does..... Will I delete it out of fear? 

In the book The One Thing  it talked about the percentage of reaching your goals improving by sharing it and I don't remember the percent but it was significant

so there it is world .... me putting myself out there

I want to brand myself: Positivty

yeppers I have me some work to do!!!

but I can be tenacious! 




2 comments:

  1. Love this, Karla. I can be quite the "glass half empty" gal and just realizing this is a step in the right direction I'm thinking. Being positive is a very good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I strive for the same thing - to generate a more positive outlook on life.

    Positive mind. Positive life.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive