Friday, February 3, 2017

How Introverts cope

******warning another long rambling post******

I am an introvert... I know I have a blog which is a VERY high profile tool to communicate to the world but whatever... no one said I am rational... but I am an introvert

so I am uncomfortable with attention.... I like to be low profile 
fly under the radar 
live my life quietly and inconspicuously 
but then I became a store manager 
man oh man that was a few years of struggle 
basically I was horrible for the first few years 
it's hard to lead a team if you aren't a natural leader... 
and you want to be below the radar 
those 2 sentences don't go together 

so I struggled 
but I worked through it 
read/listened to TONS of audio books 
podcasts 
again and again and again and again 

I like my job... yeah there are really actually people that like their jobs 
I like my job 
so I had to figure it out and I did 

I am not the best ... but I like to think I can run with the pack 

okay lets look at this all in my weight loss endeavor 

so I am uncomfortable with attention.... I like to be low profile 
fly under the radar 
live my life quietly and inconspicuously 
I lost the weight in 2010 and I got MASSIVE amounts of attention 
yikes!!! 
kept it off 2011... 2012 meh 
started to gain a little back in 2013, 2014, 2016
and here I am in 2017
a full 27 pounds up from my 2010 lowest 

and I am loving the comfortable anonymity 
but some people, events have pushed me into a place of notoriety 
and I am sabotaging my weight loss to try and stay in the comfortable inconspicuous mode 

time to get comfortable with being uncomfortable 
because this is about my health 
time to load up on audio books
and this time not about leading a team and improving my management style 
but about self confidence and being comfortable with WHO I AM 

I am not going to let myself sabotage me 
I am awesome 
I am worth it 
I am cool beans 
I can do this 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive