Tuesday, April 11, 2017

When you're in your 50's blog post

hello hello hello
For those of you that don't know I didn't start this journey UNTIL I was 50!
yeah slow starter here
200 pounds. I used Weight Watchers: calories/fat/fiber counting points method... no meetings just me and my blog ... lost me some weight and the only exercise I did was 20 minutes on my treadmill.... but I did 20 minutes EVERY SINGLE DAY and lost 60 pounds

then I started working out... the gym was soooo intimidating, everyone was so fit.. and perfect looking... not for me

then I started an outside boot camp. I really enjoyed it. Next step was to actually go into a gym and work out!! I haven'y left yet and it's been 6 years

but I try soooo hard to keep my eyes focused on me
If I pay attention to how much you are lifting, how fast you run... I have a problem with me

so I just keep at my own pace and push always and I am doing it

I have noticed a few more hits on my blog so a little back story on me

family, kids, weight gain, no exercise, and alcohol problems

but in 2010 I started this blog as an accountability tool and it has helped me so much!!!

Now I work out 4 - 6 days a week but sometimes my work schedule doesn't allow that so it is pretty much ALWAYS 5 days a week

Calorie counting, Isagenix all meshed together is kinda what I do now

I LOVE to meal prep ... I truly missed my calling .... I should have done this as a career but well timing is everything, right?

I don't think I will see 136 again though... I was 158 this morning. I eat 1500-1700 calories as a target goal. I use the My Fitness pal app. Wear a size 8 so I am not sweating it too much.

so that me.... what about you?

1 comment:

  1. Lije you my blog had been my biggest accountability tool. I do a combo weight watchers /calorie counting.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive